It has been such a very long time since I posted here with any sort of consistency. I would like to try to remedy that, and first, I thought I would shed some light as to why I’ve been busy.
Don’t call it a comeback.
Things I did today:
- I woke up at 6am with a 13-month-old child who is cutting his molars. (god help us both).
- I baked my first homemade pumpkin pie, from scratch, and the crust was slightly overdone but the pie is perfect.
- I toasted fresh pumpkin seeds.
- I made pumpkin purée for my little love. He ate all of two bites before a tantrum that ended the meal.
- I nursed my wild, curious, oh-so-swift son after he climbed to the top of his stroller and promptly tipped it over onto his face earning his first black eye.
- I ate all of the previously mentioned pumpkin seeds.
Things I did not do today:
- I did not cry.
- I did not eat the entire pie.
And for that I will call today a win.
Happy Fall! 🎃🍂🍁🌾
THINGS I WONDER ABOUT:
1. Are people super rude because they are miserable and they think that making perfect strangers miserable too will gratify or satisfy them momentarily? Specifically, people who are rude to those in the service industry. Does it make them feel better about themselves? Because they certainly aren’t getting better service for themselves, so who are they actually trying to make more miserable?
2. When a pregnant woman has her baby, is it like that feeling of finally prying the strawberry seed from your back teeth in that place your tongue can’t reach? (but multiplied exponentially)
3. Black holes. Worm holes. Parallel universes.
4. Deja vu. What is really happening there?
5. Why did Florida get rid of emissions testing for cars?
6. Why wouldn’t a caged bird sing?
7. Who made baby girls need pink everything and baby boys need baby blue? And who institutionalized it to the point of no return?
8. Why are people more passionate about the Kardashians lives than human rights, or child labor, or polar bears, or human sex trafficking, or their own lives?
9. Did people stop wearing suits and hats because they got lazy, or did people get lazy because they stopped wearing suits and hats?
10. People. Not to be too existential on a Monday, but what are they all doing here?
If you feel like you need things to wonder about….see Interstellar. #mindfuck
Here are 12 women who didn’t. And succeeded because of their convictions.